Sometime in April, a major party candidate for Congress sued Governor Whitmer. His complaint was her “stay-at-home” orders severely hindered collecting petition signatures. On May 8, the State of Michigan announced the following changes for major party candidates:
- an extension to the deadline date
- permission to collect electronic signatures
- a 50% reduction of the number of required signatures
Unfortunately, none of those advantages have been extended to independent candidates (like me).
There is a special event scheduled for Friday, July 3. Please see the following PDF for details:
Let me leave you with the following:
- My current goal is to appear on the November election ballot.
- For that to happen, I still need more signatures before the July 16th deadline.
- Anyone can sign a petition if they are a registered voter in one of the following cities:
Dearborn Heights ** Highland Park River Rouge
Detroit ** Inkster Romulus
Ecorse Melvindale Wayne
Garden City Redford Township Westland
(** = only 13th district part of the city)
If you want to help get my name on the ballot, here are three ways:
- sign a petition (It must be done in person and can be done at your convenience.)
- collect signatures (Voters registered in any district are allowed to obtain signatures.)
- share this site with others (Many people can get here if you post a link on social media, email, etc.)
On a side note, I do not ask for nor will I accept any financial contributions.
Please let me know if you would like to sign a petition or have any questions,
Thank you so much!